OPEX and Environmental constraints related to Cyanide are two major issues facing the Gold Industry today. The AZ-CRP will decrease pressure on both constraints.
AZMET Technology & Projects has developed a unique, patented process, known as the AZMET CYANIDE RECOVERY PROCESS (AZ-CRP), which uses well known activated carbon technology to extract free cyanide radicals as well as metal-cyanide complexes from gold tailings.
The AZ-CRP is especially well suited for the extraction of copper cyanide from both solution or pulp streams. The AZ-CRP can produce recycled cyanide at a fraction of the price of new cyanide. When the cost of cyanide destruction is included, which is mandatory by the ICMI, the cost reduction of buying and destroying new cyanide, becomes extremely attractive in the current, competitive gold market. The AZ-CRP include the following special features:
- Use proven gold processing technologies.
- Use reagents currently used on gold processing facilities.
- Extract free cyanide and metal cyanide complexes in 3-4 adsorption stages from leach tails.
- Leach tails do not require additional cyanide destruction after the AZ-CRP.
- Rapidly elute cyanide and base metals under ambient conditions.
- Recovery of free cyanide for direct use in the main leach circuit.
- Recovery of valuable base metal by-products in the eluate.
- Additional recovery of precious metals in the leach tails.
Where do you start?
Implementation of the AZ-CRP, at an existing gold operation, will start with onsite cyanide recovery test trials to establish the optimal process conditions. The test trials will be followed by a high-level financial evaluation to indicate the financial impact of the AZ-CRP on the operation under investigation. Additional tests can be conducted via a containerized mobile AZ-CRP plant treating a bleed stream of the as arising tails of the operation under investigation. The next step will be the supply of a total AZ-CRP plant solution.
Numerous site trials have been conducted to date with exceptional results. AZMET is in the process to design total AZ-CRP solutions for various clients in Africa and Eurasia.